6 Ways to Help Your Child Stay Calm at the Dentist:
1. Remember, calm is contagious – and so is anxiety! When parents are nervous, kids can tell. Keep calm, and all will go well.
2. Catch those zzzz's! Make sure your child gets lots of sleep before the appointment. A full night's sleep or a nap can help things go smoothly.
3 Keep kids busy. Distract them with books, music, or their favorite video game.
4. Food. Hungry kids are NOT going to be happy kids. Eat a healthy snack before you get to the dentist. No sugary treats, of course!
5. Comfort items can help ease stress. Bring a bear to hold or a blanket to cuddle.
6. Praise your child for good behavior during and after a successful visit. Make their visit a positive experience that they can be happy about.